Japanese Bamboo Rolling Mat for Nori Rolls, Wraps and Sushi
Yutaka Bamboo Rolling Mat is a must tool for making sushi rolls. Perfect for all types of sushi rolls, vegan, veg or fish based.
Make Perfect Sushi Rolls everytime with this convenient Sushi Rolling Mat
Sushi Rolls Just like the Pros do it
Natural Bamboo - sustainable, washable, reusable over and over again
Known as a Makisu in Japanese cooking
Instructions To make perfect sushi rolls with a sushi roller
1. Gather and prepare sushi ingredients. Cook the sticky rice or process zucchini for rice substitute. Chop preferred sushi fillings into thin strips for easy rolling.
2. Cover the bamboo sushi mat with cling wrap. This will prevent the ingredients (especially the rice) from sticking to the mat, making clean-up much simpler.
3. Place a sheet of nori shiny side down on top of the bamboo mat. Line up the edges of the nori with the edges of the mat.
4. Cover the sheet of nori, except for a 1/2 inch-thick strip on either end, with a thin layer (about 1/4-inch thick) of sticky rice. Use a rice paddle or a wooden spoon to spread the rice evenly.
5. Position sushi fillings lengthwise on top of the rice. Make sure the ingredients are centered within the rice.
6. Dampen with water the edge of the nori not covered with rice. This will help seal the roll.
7. Start folding the end of the bamboo mat with the exposed nori toward the opposite end of the rice-covered nori. At the same time, guide the sushi fillings toward the center of the roll with your fingers.
8. When the rolling edge of the mat hits the flat edge of the mat, slightly curl the bamboo toward the roll to form a tube shape. Once the roll is completely covered with the mat, squeeze the roll to firm and shape it further.
9. Unfurl the mat from the newly formed sushi roll, which, if properly rolled, should look like a tube. Cut the roll into small, bite-sized pieces using a very sharp knife and serve.
All orders are carefully shipped from the sunny Hastings coast, in South East England, UK.